So, the end of November, and some thoughts on the last month.
I’ve done what I set out to do, but it’s not perfect by any means. My aim at the beginning of the month was to develop and release a board game from scratch, and it’s done, you can play it if you want to, it’s downloadable here.
It’s not really 100% there, but all of the core elements are present. I think that there is still work to be done, and I’m going to outline the parts I think need the most additional work
- The game has only been lightly playtested, it needs some more serious stressing. Like all of my games, you can download it and play it for free, so why not give it a go, any feedback is more than welcome.
- The components are merely workmanlike, they are not particularly pretty. This was a limitation of both the time I set myself to work in, and the skill I have with various graphical packages. If anyone reads this, and knows they can do better, let me know, I’d be very interested to hear from you.
- The rules need a bit more editing, the terminology is not 100% complete or accurate, they are not perfectly laid out, and they don’t look very nice. I think I can correct this myself, and I’ll be working on this in the immediate future.
Other than these points, I’m generally very happy. The tight time constraint I set meant that I focussed on the core game elements, which I think work well. The remaining parts to work on are bells and whistles, not essential to play and enjoy the game, but important in the long run, as I find that people like nice looking games more than basic ones (and more to write on that soon I think).